Permanent, full-time, starting salary £39,354
Crown Estate Scotland has an exciting opportunity for a Regional Engagement Manager to join our team on a full-time permanent basis covering southern and central Scotland.
We manage property – including buildings, land, coastline and seabed – on behalf of people of Scotland. Our purpose is to invest in property, natural resources and people to generate lasting value for Scotland. Our profits go to Scottish public spending.
We work in a way that:
- Generates prosperity and value for all of Scotland;
- Supports the growth of sustainable business and industry in Scottish seas and on the coast;
- Makes places better for those who live, work and visit there;
- Promotes sustainable ways of producing energy, food, and other products; and
- Creates opportunities for people to use and benefit from the Scottish Crown Estate.
Our values of Integrity, Excellence, Collaboration and Commercialism help us to put our purpose into practice. They shape how we work, underpin our actions, and help to make Crown Estate Scotland a great place to work.
About the role
The successful candidate/s for this new role within the organisation will be responsible for:
- Managing business and/or strategic relationships with stakeholders, clients and communities that help Crown Estate Scotland achieve its purpose of ‘investing in property, natural resources and people to generate lasting value for Scotland’;
- Representing Crown Estate Scotland at a regional level with an emphasis on the Southern and Central region (for example Ayrshire, Dumfries & Galloway, Clyde and Forth areas and including Whitehill and Applegirth estates);
- Co-ordinating and leading engagement with regional/local actors including local authorities, enterprise agencies and community bodies; and
- Identifying (and communicating internally) relevant strategic and local opportunities for Crown Estate Scotland to add value as an enabler or through specific investment projects.
They will support the Partnership Manager to
- Deliver material outcomes on the Scottish Crown Estate in a way that builds trust and the credibility of the organisation as a whole.
- Identify, establish and maintain positive, trusting business relationships with tenants, communities and wider stakeholders.
The role will be based remotely within the South of Scotland from home, our new office in central Edinburgh, or co-located within a partner office depending on the role holder’s circumstance - so applicants so should ideally have good access to public transport around the region and good broadband connection speeds.
Frequent travel within Scotland may be required.
There will also be the opportunity to request to work flexibly in line with Crown Estate Scotland policies and practices.
Crown Estate Scotland is a great place to work, and you will have the opportunity to get involved in a range of high profile projects including our current Capital Investment Challenge Funds. We are friendly, supportive and highly motivated to deliver lasting value for Scottish society.
The starting salary will be £39,354 with potential for future progression as well as eligibility of annual cost of living rises. The maximum salary for this role is currently £47,086. The role also benefits from 25 days’ annual leave, increasing to 30 days after four years’ service, plus 11.5 of public/ privilege days. Crown Estate Scotland encourage flexible working and operate a discretionary flexi-time scheme. This role offers participation in the Civil Service pension scheme.
- Be educated to undergraduate degree level or equivalent in a subject relevant to Crown Estate Scotland’s business areas and/or community development.
- Have experience of working with communities, particularly those most relevant to the Scottish Crown Estate in the South of Scotland region such as rural land use, energy, built development, river salmon fishing, coastal or maritime.
- Have experience of project management and development.
- Be able to build and maintain relationships - and to engage effectively with internal and external contacts.
- For this role we are particularly interested in receiving applications from individuals with experience and skills in capital investment and/ or business plan development, ideally in sectors directly relevant to Crown Estate Scotland such as the Blue Economy, built development or rural property.
You will have the following qualities, which are key to success in this role:
- Great interpersonal skills
- High levels of integrity
- A proactive, resilient attitude
- Ability to deliver timely outcomes in a complex, busy working environment sometimes with competing priorities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confidence in using Microsoft Office products (such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Sharepoint, MS Teams)
We welcome requests to work on a job share basis.
To apply, please send your CV and Covering Letter, explaining why you are applying for the role and whether you are applying for it as a job share, to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Sunday 16th January 2022. Interviews will be conducted following this date.