Crown Estate Scotland has an exciting opportunity for a Business Support Assistant to join our team on a full-time permanent basis. This role is based in our Edinburgh office.
Crown Estate Scotland manages assets on behalf of Scottish Ministers including agricultural and forestry land, most of the seabed, just under half of the foreshore and some commercial property. We invest in property, natural resources and people to generate lasting value for Scotland. We return all revenue profit to Scottish Government.
Our Values of Integrity, Excellence, Collaboration and Commercialism help us to put our purpose into practice. They shape how we work, underpin our actions, and help to make Crown Estate Scotland a great place to work.
The successful applicant will provide support to the Business Support Manager and colleagues across the business. The role covers front of house, hospitality, facilities, supplier liaison, financial processing support, correspondence, arranging meetings, events, travel arrangements and other ad hoc duties. The Business Support Assistant is the first point of contact for all visitors.
The successful applicant should:
- Have an HND (or equivalent) in a business-related subject.
- Be able to work calmly and efficiently whilst under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Be able to work on their own initiative, taking personal responsibility and accountability.
- Be confident in using Microsoft Office products (such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Sharepoint, MS Teams).
- Be highly customer focused and be able to prioritise and manage a number of tasks simultaneously.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent levels of attention to detail with consideration for the wider business implications.
The starting salary will be £19,889.30 with potential for future progression as well as eligibility of annual cost of living rises. The maximum salary for this role is currently £23,762.29. The role also benefits from 25 days’ annual leave, increasing to 30 days after four years’ service, plus 11.5 of public/ privilege days.
To apply, please send your CV and Covering Letter, explaining why you are applying for the role to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on 13th December 2021. Interviews will be conducted on 20th December 2021.